Tue, 14 May|
The Occupational Circumstances Assessment Interview and Rating Scale
A days workshop looking at how to use the Occupational Circumstances Assessment Interview and Rating Scale in clinical practise.
Time & Location
14 May 2024, 09:30 – 16:00
About the event
This full-day face-to-face training session is delivered by zoom with the use of case studies and break-out rooms to encourage active participation and discussion.
- Develop a general overview of the origin of the OCAIRS and the background theoretical concepts.
- Identify when and how the OCAIRS can be used, including the target population and how to select instruments for the assessment.
- How to use theoretical material to understand the client's situation.
- How to set up and conduct the interview.
- Have good knowledge of the three different questionnaires, the differences in content and which populations they serve.
- How to rate the interview.
- How to analyse the OCAIRS and utilise the information garnered to develop an intervention plan through the use of a case study.
The sessions are accompanied by a workbook to help synthesise learning and encourage reflection on how attendees plan to and will use their learning to develop as a practitioner and/or clinical supervisors.
Please note that participants planning to use the OCAIRS in clinical practice are required to purchase the manual from MOHO Clearinghouse. The assessment manual is not included within this training package and clinicians wishing to use the assessment following the training will need to purchase the license from https://moho-irm.uic.edu/.