Thu, 13 Jun|
A days online workshop looking at how to construct an occupational formulation.
Time & Location
13 Jun 2024, 09:30 – 16:00
About the event
This online training day introduces the process of occupational formulation as outlined by Parkinson & Brooks (2021).
The training is based on the Model of Human Occupation (MOHO) and the therapeutic reasoning process and how this can be used to facilitate client-centred practice and synthesise assessment information into an occupation-focused narrative which can be shared with the individual and used to identify the person and the therapists' priorities for goal setting and intervention planning.
Designed for practising occupational therapists, this training is an essential introduction for those looking for an effective way to formulate plans and goals based on MOHO theory.
- Creating an Occupational Formulation
- What is an occupational formulation and why use it?
- Review of MOHO theory
- How is an occupational formulation completed?
- Developing an understanding of the sections
- Logically ordering assessment information into these sections
- Practice formulation writing